Sogang Korean Immersion Program 2018
The Korean Immersion Program is a four-week program designed for students who would like to improve their conversational Korean skills and their knowledge of Korean culture. The Korean Immersion Program runs from June to July with 30 hours of class per week.
- 6 credit program
- 4 weeks (June 25, 2018 - July 20, 2018)
- 6 hours per day, Mon-Fri (Total 120 hrs)
- 4 hour language classes (morning) and 2 hour culture classes (afternoon) each day
- Average class size of 12 (Max. 16)
- Level 1 ~ Level 5
- Out-of-class activities on campus and in Seoul (Some activities may require an extra fee)
- A two-day field trip
- Target : high school graduates (including 2018's), university students, adults
- Active participation is required because the classes are designed as an interactive immersion program.
*High school graduates and 2018 candidates, college students and over 18 years old can apply.
Please visit the website for pictures and video clips of previous years, a 2018 poster and brochure as PDF. There is also information for various scholarship opportunities. www.koreanimmersion.org
About Korean Language Education Center at Sogang University http://klec.sogang.ac.kr
With the goal of making Korean language and culture more widely known throughout the world, Sogang University’s Korean language Education Center was established in 1990. Since then, roughly 10,000 international students have studied Korean language and culture through our center. Presently, about 3,800 students enroll in KLEC every year.
Based on our accumulated experiences and skills in teaching Korean, we have been publishing our own Korean language text books since 2000. We have been helping Korea government with Korean education since 2006, including Ministries of Education, Health and Welfare, and Foreign Affairs and Trade.