Boğaziçi University belongs to a series of international university networks that share the same goal of enhancing academic cooperation among its members.
- IAU - International Association of Universities: The IAU is a global organisation of UNESCO created in 1950. It brings together the institutions and organisations of about 150 countries and collaborates with various national, international and regional organisations that are active in the field of higher education. The association has the objective to promote the principles of liberty and justice, human dignity and solidarity through instruction and research and through international cooperation.
- Magna Charta Universitatum:The Magna Charta of the European Universities is the final result of the proposal addressed from the University of Bologna, in 1986, to the oldest European Universities. The aims of this document is to celebrate the deepest values of University traditions and to encourage strong bonds among European Universities.
- EUA - European University Association: Created in 2001 as a result of a union between the Association of European Universities (CRE) and the Confederation of European Union Rectors' Conferences, the EUA seeks to promote the development of a coherent system of research and European higher education by offering support to its members and encouraging constructive interaction among the individual universities.
- unimed - Mediterranean Universities Union: Founded in October 1991, is an association of 84 Universities of the countries of the Mediterranean basin. Its structure based on the mobility and the exchange of human resources has the aim of promoting, in a multidisciplinary perspective, the interuniversity research and education within the field of cultural heritage increase in value and conservation, of tourism, environment, health, economics as well as of new technologies, thus contributing to the integration process between the two Mediterranean shores.
- Black Sea Universities Network: The BSUN was founded for the purpose of developing educational, scientific, and cultural cooperation and exchanges among the Universities of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation (BSEC) Member States and other institutions with similar concern.
- SEFI - European Society for Engineering Education: SEFI was founded in 1973 as a non-profit organisation under Belgian Law. It is the largest network of higher engineering institutions and of individuals involved in engineering education in Europe. SEFI has the mission to contribute to the development and the improvement of the engineering education in Europe.
- The Utrecht Network:The Utrecht Network is a representative European-wide network of 31 European universities in 29 countries, cooperating in the area of internationalization. Though broadly-based, the network remains highly selective in its membership in order to retain a manageable scale and flexibility of action. This makes the Utrecht Network an institutional network which covers a very broad base, while ensuring a manageable scale. The Utrecht Network is particularly committed to such areas as student and staff mobility, summer schools, the internationalization of curricula, joint curricula and double/joint degrees, while remaining open to other kinds of activities that maintain and strengthen its profile.