- Special students are non-degree students at Boğaziçi University who generally apply for a single semester's work. At the end of their stay, upon their request, they can receive an official transcript of their academic records. Special students typically come from Universities with which Boğaziçi does not have a partnership agreement. Special students must pay a tuition for each semester.
- Application material:
- Application Form
Application forms must be completed in full and signed by the student. You should check "Special Student" at the top of the form. Original, fax, or scanned copies will be accepted. Please contact our office if you need additional information.
- Academic Records
A copy of an official transcript in English or translated into English from your home institution.
- Course List
A list of the courses you would like to take at Bogazici University. Definitive course list to be offered by academic units in each semester is announced here.
- Statement of Purpose
A short statement of no more than 300 words in support of the application explaining why you would like to attend Bogaziçi University.
- Letter of Recommendation
A letter of recommendation from one of your instructors or your advisor.
- For Non-native English speakers: Non-native speakers of English should provide proof of English proficiency with the following criteria:
- A minimum score of 79 on the internet-based TOEFL test, along with a minimum TOEFL iBT Writing Test score of 22. This test is offered several times a year in many countries. Scores are valid for two years.
- A minimum score of 6.5 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System) along with IELTS Academic Writing Test score of 6.5. This test is administered by the British Council and scores are valid for two years.
- Application Form
All applications are evaluated by academic units and acceptance decisions are given based on the academic quality of the application. Upon acceptance, the Registrar's office issues an acceptance letter with which the student can apply for a student visa. Then the registration process follows.
- Special Students pay a tuition for the whole academic term that they register for and they can take as many courses as is allowed by Boğaziçi and their home institution.
- Please contact the office for tuition fees.
- Students with ‘special student' status may not transfer their grades and credits to Boğaziçi University.
- Please see accommodation options.
- Please check the deadlines for application for both semesters.
Updated: September 2013