Boğaziçi students can now apply to Stanford University's Summer International Honors Program. This is an elite summer program at Stanford where international students from partners of Stanford take courses along with Stanford students. Stanford Summer Session offers over 175 courses from the schools of Humanities & Sciences, Earth Sciences, and Engineering. All students will stay at Stanford residences and there will be a series of academic, cultural and social events specific for this program.
All Boğaziçi students with a minimum GPA of 3.00 (3.50 for graduate students) can apply to this program through the Office of International Relations at Boğaziçi.
The application package should contain:
- A statement of purpose
- Current transcript
- At least one reference letter
and should be delivered to the Office of International Relations by March 15, 2013 5 pm.
There will be a screening and selection process at Boğaziçi. The students will be responsible for tuition, travel and living expenses (see below for costs). There will be partial scholarships for successful applicants to reduce the cost of the program. We will announce the scholarship recipients on April 1, 2013 Monday.
Stanford Summer Session Dates:
- Move-in: June 22, 2013 (Saturday)
- First day of Instruction: June 24, 2013 (Monday)
- Final examinations: August 16 and August 17, 2013 (Friday and Saturday)
- Move-out: August 18, 2013 (Sunday), 12:00 P.M.
The estimated costs for SSIHP are:
- Application Fee $75
- Visa Processing Fee (International Students Only) $75
- Tuition (8-Unit Charge at Undergraduate Rate) $7,667
- Housing (Eight-Week Housing Assignment) $1,761
- Meal Plan (14 meals/week) $1,363
- Document Fee $100
- Telecom Fee $60
- Campus Health Services Fee $179
- Books/Supplies (Estimated) $400
- Post Office Box Fee $20
- TOTAL (Without Health Insurance) $11,775
Health Insurance Fee (Requires Proof of Coverage to Waive):
- Stanford's Cardinal Care Health Insurance Fee $900
- ESTIMATED TOTAL (With Health Insurance) $12,675 (note that the cost does not include travel)