MIT-Boğaziçi Seed Fund: MISTI-Boğaziçi
We are pleased to announce MIT-Boğaziçi Seed Fund through the MIT Science and Technology Initiatives (MISTI) Program. This new initiative aims to foster joint research between MIT and Boğaziçi University researchers.
With this program, full time faculty members at Boğaziçi University will be able to propose joint research proposals together with faculty members (with principal investigator status) from MIT. The maximum award per project is 30,000 USD. The project proposals will be evaluated by a joint academic committee before grants are awarded. All faculties, schools and institutes of Boğaziçi University and all five schools of MIT are covered in the program. We expect to fund 2-4 projects every year contingent on availability of funds.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- propose a balanced exchange between the MIT and Boğaziçi University participants,
- demonstrate complementarity between the MIT and Boğaziçi University research interests and teams,
- include student participation.
The 2016-2017 grant cycle is now closed.
2017-2018 grant cycle applications will start in May 2017. Joint proposals can be submitted by one of the faculty members from Boğaziçi or MIT using the online application portal. The grants will be awarded in early January 2018.
To increase the number of potential applications for the 2017-2018 cycle, we decided to offer four travel grants of up to $2500 to BU faculty members to visit MIT with the aim of developing a MISTI proposal. The travel grant must be used by the end of May.
In order to apply for the MISTI-Boğaziçi travel grant:
- Obtain an invitation from an MIT faculty member (who has Principal Investigator status). The invitation can be in the form of delivering a seminar or a colloquium, visiting a laboratory or meeting with a specific research group.
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com by April 28th 5 pm that includes your proposed days of visit, your invitation and a current curriculum vitae.
If you have any questions regarding the program, frequently asked questions can be very helpful.
The MIT-Boğaziçi University Seed Fund is made possible by a contribution from the Limak Foundation.