International Summer German Courses at Bielefeld University 2018
Bielefeld University is delighted to be offering summer courses once more in 2018 in German as a Foreign Language for international students and graduates from all disciplines. Participants can expect an extensive programme that includes general German language lessons as well as projects tailored to academic disciplines.
Bielefeld University offerS courses on the levels A2 up to C1 of the CEFR. The special feature of our Bielefeld German summer courses is the focus on scientific and technical language, whereby general language lessons at the B2/C1 level of the CEFR are combined with subject-specific language projects in Law, Economics, Mechatronics, Society/Politics or academic writing projects.
The program aims on practicing language-specific academic and scientific structures and uses in German and the characteristics of doing scientific work in Germany. The courses are comprised of 25 lessons per week.
Furthermore, the university offers a DSH preparatory course including DSH examination.
- Date for all Summer German Courses: 03.08. 2018- 30.08.2018!
- The deadline for registration is on 30 June 2018.
- If you require a visa, the deadline for registration is on 1 June 2018.
The minimum age to participate in the summer language courses is 18 years.
The course fee is 590 Euro. This includes:
- Language course and project work
- Proficiency test (if desired)
- Some of the leisure programme and two weekend excursions
- To sign up for the German language courses, please use our registration form.
- As soon as your registration is complete, you will receive an invoice. Please transfer the deposit of 450 Euros immediately after receipt of this invoice.
Please find a checklist for all further steps here.
The following conditions apply if you cancel your enrolment on the German summer course:
- If you cancel your enrolment on the German summer course by 31 January 2018, your deposit will be reimbursed in full.
- If you cancel your enrolment on the German summer course by 31 May 2018, half of your deposit will be reimbursed.
- If you cancel your enrolment on the German summer course after 1 June 2018, it will no longer be possible to reimburse your deposit.
German courses in general language proficiency at level A2 and B1 (GER)
DSH Exam Preparation
German courses in general language proficiency at level B2/C1 (GER) and academic German courses for the following disciplines:
All courses take place in the morning and consist of 25 teaching hours (at 45 min. each) per week. A varied leisure programme including excursions in and around Bielefeld complements the lessons. For further information on the course content as well as accommodation and on how to apply please click on the menu on the left hand side of this page.
Please visit following links for further information on:
You can also contact Theresa Brunsing, the coordinator of summer language courses via:
- Phone: 0521/106-3679
- Mail: email@example.com