Graz International Summer School Seggau 2018
Are you ready for a once in a lifetime summer school experience? Challenge your understanding of the world and immerse yourself in a cutting-edge international academic environment.
This year's topic is "MEDITATING AND MEDIATING CHANGE: STATE - SOCIETY - RELIGION"
The Graz International Summer School Seggau is designed for internationally oriented, highly motivated students from all disciplines who wish to deepen their understanding of current European and international affairs by studying and discussing global developments and challenges in terms of radical definitions, reflecting aspects of individual and collective identities.
GUSEGG is organized by the University of Graz in cooperation with the Commission of the Bishops‘ Conferences of the European Community (COMECE) and the Diocese Graz-Seckau. The Office of International Relations of the University of Graz acts as the coordinating unit. Prof. Roberta Maierhofer (Center for Inter-American Studies) is the academic director.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES:
- Interdisciplinary cooperation of teachers and students on the cultural, intellectual and historical dimensions of current European and international affairs in view of their positioning in a globalized world.
- Presentation of focus areas of the University of Graz – South Eastern Europe and North, Central and South America – through interdisciplinary lectures.
- Unique educational opportunity for future leaders in the fields of politics, administration, business, academia, culture, and religion.
6 GOOD REASONS TO APPLY
- Improve skills in public speaking,academic writing, critical thinking
- 2-week summer university with a unique campus atmosphere at Seggau Castle
- 6 ECTS Credits (for participation and seminar paper)
- Lectures, panel discussions, workshops, and 7 parallel seminar modules (small groups)
- Discussions and networking opportunities with international lecturers and guests
- All-inclusive-package (tuition, meals, accommodation, extra-curricular program and field trips)
APPLICATION & DEADLINE:
Follow this link for the application procedure. The deadline is March 2nd, 2018
COSTS & FUNDING:
- The total student participation fee of 1500 Euro covers the course costs, tuition and room & board for the entire two weeks.
- Scholarships are available, and will be awarded upon application.
- Travel arrangements have to be made and paid for individually.
University of Graz
Facebook: Graz International Summer School Seggau