2018 Yenching Academy of Peking University: One-year Master's scholarship
Students of Boğaziçi are now eligible to apply for the prestigous elite leadership program of Yenching Academy of Peking University.
This is an elite leadership program that leads to a Master's Degree in China Studies. Boğaziçi students will be eligible for the Yenching Scholarship that covers the full costs of the program.
NEW: Read a Boğaziçi News article about the experience of one student at Yenching, "Boğaziçi’nden Çin’e akademik köprü kuruldu."
How to Apply
- There will be an internal application and selection process at Boğaziçi University for this program. Please submit all documents to Ece Toker Günay, Coordinator of the Office of International Relations.
- Deadline for Application: 15 December 2017.
- Curriculum vitae / Resumé;
- Personal statement
- Most recent official transcript(s);
- Two letters of recommendation;
Applicant Qualifications for International, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan Candidates
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field, awarded no later than August 31 of the year in which they wish to enroll;
- An outstanding academic record;
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary study of issues facing China;
- English proficiency demonstrated through one of the following scores:
- TOEFL: 100 IELTS: 7 Cambridge: 180 CEFR: C1
- Please note: Native English speakers and those enrolled in or graduated from a primarily English-taught degree program are not required to provide this documentation;
- A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement and social responsibility;
- Indications of leadership potential;
- Preference is given to candidates who are 25 years old or younger on August 31 in the year in which they wish to commence study. For students from countries where military service is mandatory, the age preference is 27 years old or younger.
Please consult Ece Günay (email@example.com) with any questions.